Saturday 4 December 2021

Crossbearer Test

So I went to LA back in 2018 and ended up visiting Vacation Vinyl, a store that was run by one of the dudes that used to run Hydrahead Records. There was a lot of old Hydrahead releases in crates in the back of the shop, which I got to dig through, and I also ended up going back to the house of the guy that owned the shop to look through more old Hydrahead records. He had a huge amount of stuff, and it was a little overwhelming, but I ended up finding a few items. One thing I totally forgot to ask about on that day was a test press of the 1st Cave In 7" that Hydrahead put out, but not too long after I got home one showed up on eBay, and I ended up winning it for what I thought was a really great price.

Unlike a lot of Hydrahead tests, this one has no kind of cover. But that's ok.

I was pretty happy to get this one as I genuinely thought I would never find one. I have a lot of Cave In test pressings, but this one seemed the most elusive. Until this copy surfaced, I don't think I had ever seen one of these at all, and didn't know anyone who had one. Aside from black vinyl copies (which I am conveniently ignoring), this one completes my collection of this 7"... and only 24 years after it came out and I bought my first copy.

No comments: