Wednesday 10 November 2021

End Of The Line

So here's a post that really does show how time is flying. There was a 'final' pressing of the No Tolerance 7" on Youngblood that came out in 2018. I decided to buy one because I used to really like the band and I wanted to keep the collection complete. So three and a half years later, here it is.

Technically this is a third pressing of this record. It comes in the sleeve with silver ink, which is the same as the second press, but it has plain red labels which simply have the name of the record ('No Remorse, No Tolerance) stamped on top.

So the crazy thing to think about here is the time since this came out. This record was initially released right at the end of 2011. So as I type this, this record is somehow now a month short of being ten years old. Yes, TEN. Yet at the same time, it still feels like a relatively recent record to me. Yet if I think back to other ten year time periods, it feels like they were way longer. I mean, talking about this record today is like talking about the Warzone 'LESC' 7" in 1997, but back then the Warzone 7" felt ancient, almost as if it was from a completely different century. It certainly did not feel relatively recent. So why does this No Tolerance 7" feel more recent today than Warzone did in 97? Is it just because I remember this one coming out, whereas the Warzone 7" was before my time? I'm not sure. Maybe.

Anyway, here's the updated collection photo:

The other funny thing about this band is that, whilst I really love the two 7"s, I had completely forgotten that they also put out a full length. For some reason it just didn't seem to grab me like the 7"s did. But I'm looking forward to giving it another go in the next couple of days. Perhaps it'll make more of an impact in 2021...

1 comment:

Mike said...

I had the same feelings when I pulled out the Disengage album earlier this week. How has it been 10 years?