Monday 8 November 2021

New York Nightmare

Another record that I bought over 3 years ago that I have just recently received, and this one really shows how time is flying. Back in April 2018 I pre-ordered the debut full length by Krimewatch. I ordered an orange vinyl copy and a clear vinyl copy, and the fools at Lockin' Out sent me 2 clear copies. I got wind of this and managed to source an orange from somewhere else. And now, three and a half years later and I finally have the clear copy.

I have to say, the art on this release still looks great. The Krimewatch logo character on the front and this graffiti photo on the back. But what hit me about this is how time has moved on. At the point I ordered this, Krimewatch were the hot new band. There was definitely a lot of buzz about them. The LP came out and then all went silent. I'm not sure if they are still going or not. The last post on their instagram was almost a year ago. So we shall see I guess.

The funny thing is that when I first heard this band I wasn't overly impressed. I didn't get it. But in time I did get it and loved it. This band plays short blasts of raw hardcore punk, and in my mind this has all the essential ingredients. I mean, it's a good job I like it as I have now acquired 3 copies of this record.

As mentioned, I got sent two clear copies so have one going spare. Let me know if you're interested.

No comments: