Wednesday 5 August 2020

The Blood And The Sweat

So this one appeared out of absolutely nowhere with no warning whatsoever. A(nother) repress of the debut Sick Of It All 7" on Revelation, but this one was extremely limited, with 300 copies being pressed on gold vinyl. It went up for a sale a couple of weeks back and then started shipping immediately. It was made to acompany a book called 'The Blood And The Sweat', which is the story of the Koller brothers.

There were only 300 copies made in total, with 100 copies each being sold by Revelation, Generation Records in NYC, and Coretex Records in Germany. Although for some reason the Generation copies were sold without the book.

The labels for this pressing are photos of Lou and Pete from when they were nippers. I love how they both have such huge collars on their shirts in these photos. Collars for Kollers.

This copy came from Coretex and has their usual crappy sticker slapped on the back cover. I was pretty lucky to get this as it sold out super quick. It was gone in less than an hour. Probably half an hour. So I think I was just lucky in being at the computer and noticing this announced due to working from home. In the old days of being in the office I would certainly have missed out.

I haven't had a chance to read the book at all yet but I probably will. I'm actually kinda interested in how these kids started up their band.I'm sure it'll be a fascinating story.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I kind of want to read that book too...curious to see if it talks about their shift to a more punk sound with the Fat Wreck years.