Tuesday 15 November 2016

Scraps

I haven't added to my Dead By 23 collection for a while, but when I found a couple of copies of The Heist / Scraps And Heart Attacks 7" that I didn't have, it was an easy choice to grab them. I mean, let's be honest, why would you want to settle for five copies of the same record when you can have seven?

I was never really sure what the score was with this 7". Some copies (like this one) have a cover where the band appears to be called The Heist, and the 7" called 'Scraps And Heart Attacks'.

And then the copies in the more glossy, full colour sleeve don't feature the name 'The Heist' at all. I read somewhere recently that the band was originally called The Heist but they had to change their name as some rap group already had that name, but this was after the records had been pressed. So the records and labels are the same on all copies, but the later covers go under the new band name.

So as I said, these mean that I now have seven copies of this record. Three white, two red, one clear and one test.

I know of at least two other versions out there that I don't have. I know they exist because I saw them sell on eBay a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately they sold for stupid amounts of money. God only knows how long it may be until more copies surface for sale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I mean, let's be honest, why would you want to settle for five copies of the same record when you can have seven?"

That is prolly the reason why you should collect Turnstile records.