Saturday 10 April 2021

Your Arsonist

Today's post is a little known 7" by a band called Sledgehammer. They released this 7" (and also a CD version) back in 2004 and that's it. The CD and the 7" feature different covers, but I always preferred the 7" artwork.

The band features Dwid from Integrity on vocals and then Belgian dudes (from 90s Belgian metal bands Liar and Congress) doing the music. It was a few years after it came out that I even became aware of its existence, and it's taken me up to now to actually pick up a copy or listen to it. I don't really know why. I saw a copy for sale in a shop once really cheap by the sleeve was in really poor condition. Other than that I've just never really chased a copy or had one fall in front of me.

To me this sounds a lot like the Integrity 2000 LP that Victory released. I think a lot of people don't like Integrity 2000, but I still to this day have no idea why. Ok, so it doesn't have the Melnicks, but it sounds hard as hell. As does this 7".

I also enjoy the sexy insert that comes with this one:

I'm not sure why it has taken me so many years to pick up one of these, but I'm glad to have one. I think there is also a red vinyl and a yellow vinyl copy out there too. I'm sure that I will end up trying to track them down at some point. I mean, it's an Integrity project band, so in theory I need all copies. At the rate I'm going I should have them all by about 2053.

1 comment:

Willem RWHAF said...

I can confirm that there is a yellow copy, as I have one...