Monday 26 April 2021

New York Photocopy

I picked this one up a couple of months ago, but for various reasons only just got around to taking the photos this weekend. This is a copy of the 'New York City Hardcore Together' compilation 7" with a photocopied sleeve. According to the Rev pressing info:

4th press : 100 (?) black vinyl. Sleeves are obvious photo copies of previous ones due to the washing out of most of the pictures' detail. The (insert) was made much smaller for this press. Chances are that there are many more than 100, however there is no data to verify one way or another.

I always wanted one of these, but never really wanted to pay too much for it. I also wanted to make sure I got one in good condition. This one ticks both boxes.

This photo shows the two piece, small insert. Its considerably smaller than the insert in the other pressings.

And this photo shows the back of the sleeve next to the sleeve from one of the other pressings. You can really see how the detail from the picture has been washed out by the photocopier.

I now have more than my fair share of copies of this 7". The sad thing is that I'm not really happy with my 1st press black vinyl copy as there is a small tear which someone repaired with sticky tape. So ideally I'd like to replace it with a better condition copy at some point. I'm not sure that will ever happen as any copy of this record is insanely expensive these days. But it's good to have a target.

1 comment:

ᚺᚱᚨᚠᚾ said...

The sad thing is that I'm not really happy with my 1st press black vinyl copy as there is a small tear which someone repaired with sticky tape. So ideally I'd like to replace it with a better condition copy at some point. I'm not sure that will ever happen as any copy of this record is insanely expensive these days.

You're writing from a perspective of a person who's missing a copy of a record. As in "I don't think I'll ever get this because they're insanely expensive these days"

You're forgetting that you already have this record, so if you ever find a reasonable replacement you can just sell the tatty one you have for only slightly less or maybe even the same and you will only be a small amount of money down, or maybe even nothing.
A bit of a hassle? Yes.
But satisfaction guaranteed :)