Monday 19 April 2021

Kill The Nerve Agents

It's not so often that I trade these days, but whenever I do I feel pretty stoked on the whole concept. There can't be many other scenes or hobbies where people the world over who have never met agree to send each other rare stuff in the post. It's kinda crazy when you think about it. Oh, and cool.

The latest incoming item from a trade is this test press of the Kill Your Idols / Nerve Agents split 7". It comes in just a white paper sleeve, but I'm happy as it came from a member of one the bands.

This one was released by Mankind Records way back in the year 2000. I remember it coming out. I don't know exactly where I bought it, although I think it was probably from Rev. However, my memory isn't quite so good when it comes to the record itself. I was sure that I had a purple vinyl copy and also a green vinyl copy, but it turns out I was only 50% correct.

So of course I want a green one now to make this little collection feel 'complete'. I'm sure it can't be too hard to find one, although these days everything is hard to find because of discogs and people generally being lazy. Right now 40 people have one, and 76 people want one. The odds are against me but I'll see what I can do.

2 comments:

geoff said...

isnt there a clear version too? if i remember it correct, it was really rare. maybe out of 25 or so? or maybe i am thinking of another record?

mcs said...

Discogs states there are only 5 on clear. I'm always sceptical when it comes to discogs info, but whatever the exact number it is very rare. I don't think I have ever actually seen one either.