Tuesday 2 February 2021

More Blood & Sweat

Back in August last year I picked up a copy of the first Sick Of It All 7" on gold vinyl. It was part of a limited repress of 300 copies to accompany the publication of a book on the history of the Koller brothers, called 'The Blood And The Sweat'. I picked up a copy from Coretex Records which was numbered out of 100 copies. But there were 300 copies total, with 100 each being sold by Generation Records in NYC, and RevHQ. So of course, I felt the need to get one from each as they were technically 'different'.

The copies sold by Generation Records in NYC were stamped and numbered on the dust sleeve. I ended up with number 48, which seems quite apt. Interestingly, the copies from Generation didn't come with a book, which seems weird given the press was to accompany the book in the first place. Oh well.

Unlike the other two copies, the ones from RevHQ were unmarked. No stamps, stickers or numbers. But they did come with a book.

So a pressing of 300 copies and 3 slightly different versions, 2 of which came with a book. As you can imagine, the books really hiked up the price of the postage for this, so I was pretty heavily invested in this. At first I felt quite 'lucky' to have been online when these went on sale so that I could grab all three, although a part of me feels a little guilty owning them as I know that a lot of people missed out completely. Overall though I think it's just how it is these days. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Since I first copied I picked up the first copy, I actually read the book, and I have to say it was quite entertaining. I generally never read books, but I did find the process of reading this quite relaxing, and it has made me want to read more books in future. One month into the year and I've already read more books than I did in 2020, so it feels like it's going well so far.

No comments: