Wednesday 10 February 2021

Stand Hard

As well as being constantly on the look out for records I need / want, I'm also always on the lookout for a good deal. Sometimes I'll grab something because it feels like a good opportunity, even if it's not something that I'm desperate to get hold of. So when I saw a green vinyl copy of the Tenfold / Sum Of All Fears 7" for approximately half of its usual price, I couldn't resist, even if it wasn't exactly in my top 50 wants.

It had been a while since I'd listened to this. I still think the Tenfold side still holds up, and is probably their best material in my opinion, although the Sum Of All Fears side sounds a lot more dated.

This 7" was originally released in 1996, and was the first release Bridge Nine Records. This was back in the days of limited colour vinyl being truly limited. There were 900 copies on black vinyl, but only 113 on green. I've always hoped to pick one up, but never chased one hard and didn't want to pay the going rate. But in the end it worked out ok. Plus I got a low number too which somehow seems to make it cooler.

No comments: