Friday 26 February 2021

New Age Catch Up: The Dividing Line

New Age Records catch up day 5, and the third band in a row with a name starting with a 'D' (excluding the word 'The'), The Dividing Line. The band are from NJ and immediately make me think of Floorpunch, mainly because they come from NJ and their singer is on the larger side. Plus they play pretty hard sounding straight edge hardcore. Definitely one of my favourite current hardcore bands, and I'm pretty excited for the upcoming LP.

So pretty much the same deal as the other 7"s that I've written about this week. When in the New Age store, I couldn't believe that I had the chance to grab a test press of this 7", so I grabbed it immediately. It has similar bad handwriting on the label, but it's in a bright green so is barely noticeable.

So of course, once I had added the test to the cart, and I also had the 77 pressing from, I figured I should probably also pick up the other colour that I didn't have. The clear vinyl is the more common colour /300.

So again, I've ended up with an almost complete collection of this 7". I'm missing the white vinyl with regular labels, but I don't really see the point of adding that one too.

1 comment:

Mike said...

It amazes me how out of touch I am with the New Age bands. I haven't listened to a single record that you've posted from this series. I'm going to need to fix that.