Thursday 25 February 2021

New Age Catch Up: Decline

Day 4 of my New Age Records 'catch up', and today is the second band in the series with a name that starts with a 'D', namely Decline.

The band is made up of dudes that have been involved in hardcore for 25 years or so, but who have somehow been in bands that I have never heard (Haunted Life, Expired Youth, Noose and New Heart). But the important thing is this band, which plays some straight up straight edge hardcore that kicks off with a great bass intro... like all the best hardcore records do.

The 'Own Your Words' 7" originally came out in 2018 the 77 pressing sold out super quick, but luckily for me some copies must have been held back and listed at a later date.

This time around the 77 pressing comes on the more limited colour of vinyl, being blue (/200).

And again, there was also a test press for sale for a very reasonable price:

Adding these two copies to the regular gold copy (/300) that I already had leaves me with a nice little collection.

Over two years since this was released, is the band still going? I hope so. Would be great to get a follow up at some point.

No comments: