Saturday 27 February 2021

New Age Catch Up: Drug Control

New Age catch up Day 6, and it's yet another band with a name starting with the letter 'D'. This time it is a band called Drug Control. The band are (or were, as I think they broke up now) a straight edge band from San Diego. I already had the regular copies of their 7"s, but couldn't resist picking up cheap test presings for both.

The band's second 7" (and first on New Age) was put out back in 2016. The 'Stabbed' EP was a 7" I enjoyed back then, although was puzzled why the pressing didn't follow the same pattern as the rest of the releases, as there was no 77 pressing. Anyway, I picked up a test press with an alternate sleeve.

Interestingly, there is a test press of this one on discogs, and it has a completely different sleeve. I kinda like this one as it matches the rest of the series of New Age tests.

And here it is with the two colour copies of this 7" that I own, the green (/500) and the purple (/600):

I also bought a test press of the second 7" that the band put out via New Age, the 'Clear Sight' 7".

This 7" was a step up from the previous one, in my opinion, and had me looking forward to a full length. But sadly it was to be the band's last release as I am sure I read somewhere that they split up after this. Shame. This record did have a 77 pressing on white, as well as a nice looking red / black mix colour (/300).

Excluding the test presses, you can still buy all the other copies of these 7"s in the New Age webstore, including the 77 pressing of the 'Clear Sight' 7". Seriously, what are you waiting for?

No comments: