Thursday 4 February 2021

Saviors

One record I really enjoyed last year was the debut 12" EP by Philly band Crossed Keys. A melodic hardcore band with a dude from Kid Dynamite on drums, I took a chance on the 'Saviors' 12" EP halfway through last year and then ended up playing it loads. So when the label who released it, Hellminded Records, put up some limited items as part of their Black Friday sale, I couldn't resist to pick up a couple more copies of this one.

There were 50 copies of 'Saviors' pressed on 'black/magenta swirl' vinyl, sold at the record release show, back when shows were a thing that actually happened. I guess not all of them sold, so I was happy to have grabbed one. It's a great looking colour.

The record is a 7 song, one sided 12" with a screen printed b-side.

The only confusing thing about this is that, according to discogs, the release show copies also had a vellum overlay cover which was numbered out of 50. The fact that mine doesn't have it can only mean one of two things; either there were more than 50 copies on this colour, with 50 being sold at the release show, and mine being one of the additional, leftover copies. Or, alternatively, there were 50 and not all of them had the extra cover. My money is on the former, although despite asking the label they didn't reply.

I also picked up a test press of the record too. The price was ok, and I thought it looked pretty cool in a DJ sleeve with a sticker in the corner.

No comments: