Tuesday 30 April 2024

Famine

When I was hanging around RevHQ a couple of years ago, there was a day when Jordan & Adam had a call with Paint It Black to discuss putting out a new record. At that point in time, the band hadn't released anything for ten years. I remember questioning whether anyone would still care, given a lot of the older people would have moved on and a lot of the younger people wouldn't know who they were. But I feel I was wrong, as a year and a bit later the record went up for order and it absolutely flew off of the shelves. The Rev mailorder colour (yellow) was gone in minutes. Fortunately I got one though.

If I had any doubts as to whether Paint It Black would still be good after a decade off, these were cast away within seconds. The opening song on here is just incredible... and the record doesn't relent after that. I'm not quite sure why this wasn't at the top of everyone's 'best of 2023' lists. It should have been. It's a really great record.

With this being a Rev release I was down to grab all copies. I took a photo of them all and then as I was typing this up I realised that there is another colour out there that exists that I didn't know anything about. Goddamnit.

Shown above are the blue (300 for retail stores), green (400), clear with black & white swirl (1000), yellow (150) and orange (300). Then there is some kind of white vinyl copy out there too it seems. I'm not sure there is anything as annoying as taking a photo of several copies of a record only to then realise you are missing one.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I didn't even know that this record existed until a couple of months ago. I'm so out of touch.