Wednesday 3 April 2024

Loud And Proud

Back in 2020 I picked up the debut LP by Heavy Discipline, a Pittsburgh band who sound a lot like a Boston band from the 1980s. I enjoyed that record back then in the Covid era, but I can't say I have gone back to it much since. But recently Painkiller Records put out a follow up record, and when it showed up for sale in a UK distro I figured I'd grab a copy.

As with the first record, the black vinyl is the rarest version, but I'm happy to have a colour copy even if it is more common.

This 12" contains 7 songs and is done and dusted in around 13 minutes. It sounds somehow harder than the last record, and realy strongly reminds me of Violent Reaction. I even went back over the blog to read my entries on the first Violent Reaction LP, which came out back in 2013. Nearly elevent years ago. But yeah, if you miss that kinda sound then this record will be way up your street.

No comments: