Saturday 27 April 2024

It's Always Darkest

A couple of years ago, Revelation reissued the Turning Point 7". Not including the Turning Point discography, the original 7" hadn't been in print for over 30 years. I'm not overly sure why this record was reissued, but it was hardly surprising that Rev then decided to follow up with a reissue of the LP.

I was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida when the preorder for this went live. I remember being worried that it would sell out quickly, so I ordered on my phone whilst walking along the beach in bare feet... in December. Well, that was December 2022, and I have just got around to getting the records.

'It's Always Darkest Before The Dawn' was originally released by New Age Records in 1990. Given New Age is still going, it's not entirely clear why Revelation took over the reissue, but I will admit that it looks kinda cool with the Rev logo on the back of the sleeve.

As with all records these days, this was pressed on multiple colours. Well, three colours to be precise. I think that the colours chosen seem quite suitable and actually look pretty good.

Shown above are the 500 blue vinyl (retail store exclusive/500), clear w/ white smoke vinyl (RevHQ exclusive /300) and orange vinyl (common version, 2,000 made). No doubt that now I have posted this, a new colour will appear within the next couple of weeks. That's usually what happens.

No comments: