Sunday 7 April 2024

Eyeteeth / Burial Rot

Last year I picked up a 7" by a UK band called Eyeteeth. It had Godzilla on the cover and was titled 'Straight Edge Violence', so I was practically forced to buy it based on these factors alone. And here we are in 2024 and they've just dropped a split 12" with a band called Burial Rot.

This went up for sale pretty recently. I saw a post announcing that it was available and clicked the link within about half an hour or it being posted, and the site told me that there were only 12 of the coloured copies left, so I had to grab one immediately. I checked back later in the day and they were gone. So I'm glad I didn't waste time for once. There were only 100 copies on this colour, plus there were 200 on black.

This version is referred to as the 'Diehard splatter' and it comes with a whole host of other stuff... canvas patches, stickers, badges/pins, art prints. It's quite an impressive package.

This comes with a sticker on the plastic sleeve which I think sums it up pretty well:

This record is indeed both punishing and violent, but thankfully it's relatively short so I can take it. It's about 23 minutes long, with the 4 Burial Rot songs take about 12 minutes, and the 10 Eyeteeth songs are over in a little over 10 minutes.

I'm not a metal guy, and both of these bands are clearly influenced in some way by death & black metal, but all I hear here is some heavy, hardcore punk with a dark side to it, and I'm all in. My only real complaint is that there isn't enough. I need more.

No comments: