Friday 26 April 2024

If God Only Knew...

Record collecting has always been a game of patience for me. I add something to my wants list and I wait until an opportunity arises. And sometimes it takes longer than other times. This record here has been on my wants list for at least 20 years. Probably more, although I'm not sure as to how I can check. I could probably check the wants lists in my old zines, although I can't be bothered to go upstairs and dig them out.

I always loved Disemboded. I picked up their first vinyl release (a 7" on Moo Cow Records) when it was released, and I have loosely followed them ever since. But I never picked up this 'If Only God Knew The Rest Were Dead' 10", which was released in 1998, until last week. From the moment it came out I decided that I only wanted a purple vinyl copy and so I waited it out until one showed up... which turned out to be twenty six years or so later.

This was released by Ferret Music, and they used to release 100 copies of each of their records on purple vinyl. I'm not sure how long this carried on as I never had many releases on the label, but the ones I do have all come on purple, and they are generally pretty hard to come by.

Listening to this again recently, I have to say that this has held up really well. The songs are great as is the recording. When metal hardcore sounded like this it seemed cool and not dirty and embarrassing. If you've never heard this then I'd suggest giving it a go. And if you like it then in 2050 you might own your own copy.

No comments: