Saturday 9 September 2023

Unsafe

I'm really not sure how many other people are like me and can get sucked into buying something based purely on what it looks like. But here I am in an era when you can listen to anything for free and 'try before you but', and I'm still buying some records just because they LOOK nice. But to my credit, I rarely get it wrong.

This record is a new album titled 'Unsafe' by a newish UK hardcore band called PREY. This was released by the same label that put out the Unified Action 12" that I picked up earlier this year, and when I saw it posted on instagram it caught my attention.

The record itself comes in some really nice packaging. There is a faux obi-strip which looks very striking, and then there's the blue marble vinyl which looks fantastic. There are 250 copies made in total, and I don't imagine that they will hang around for too long.

This is a total ripper of a hardcore record which to me kinda sounds like something that would be right at home on Painkiller Records. But it turns out that this band is from about 20 miles away from me. Without a doubt one of the best hardcore records that I have heard this year, and really cool it is from a 'local' band.

As I type this there are still copies available from the label, Scene Report Records, and the price is very reasonable. Definitely worth checking out if you want a record that will tear your face off.

No comments: