Saturday 16 September 2023

Party Like It's 1999

It was only a little over a year ago that I got into Lungfish. I was initially attracted to check them out due to the cover art on one of their records, so I checked them online and instantly loved it. Fast forward a year and I have just bought the latest of the colour vinyl represses, which is their final record titled 'A.C.R. 1999'.

I noticed on discogs that this was the last Lungfish record released, with a release date of 2012. I was confused because the band went on hiatus in 2005. I went to Dischord's site to see if I could find any info, and what was there slightly confused me. This is what it said:

These 10-songs were recorded and mixed by Craig Bowen at Baltimore’s A.C.R. Studios but never released. After the session the band decided to continue writing new songs. Six of these songs were re-recorded at Inner Eat Studios and released on Necrophones, while four others remained unreleased, until now. Released in 2012.

So it sounds like these were old, unreleased songs that later got released I guess. ALthough six of them had actualy been released. Yeah. Colour me confused.

This is the 7th Lungfish record that has been repressed in the last year or so, and I've bought them all now. I'm sure that the rest will follow. By my count there are another 5 still to come. Quite why they are not being released in order remains a mystery, but at this point I'm down for whatever. Looking forward to whichever is next.

No comments: