Monday 4 September 2023

Alone In A Dream

Back in 2015 (although I would have sworn it was more like 2017) I bought a record by a band called Crime Desire. I think I was in a vageuly adventurous mood back then and picked it up on a whim. I clearly wasn't in the mood to write much about it in my post back then, but I do remember listening to that record in the garden in the summer of 2015 and enjoying it. So when I saw a couple of the band's other records languishing in used sections of a couple of record shops for cheap, I figured I would rescue them and taken them home.

The first record is titled 'Alone In A Dream'. It's a 5 song EP and was released in 2011. According to discogs there were 100 copies on purple vinyl.

The second record is 'Every Day...In Chains' and was released in 2010. This one is a 4 song EP and there were only 100 copies on blue vinyl.

Seems odd to me that this band was cranking out 12" EPs at a time when 7"s were still a viable option. But there's something kinda cool about a 4 song 12" EP in my book.

I'm not gonna pretend that this is the best band ever, but there's something kinda cool about picking up limited colour vinyl records for the price of a cup of coffee. Looking on discogs, this band put out a lot of records, with lots of limited colour vinyl pressings, limited sleeves, etc, and all can be bought for next to nothing. Kinda makes me want to try to collect some more, which in a way is kinda stupid because I'd basically be flushing my money doen the toilet as clearly not a single other soul cares.

No comments: