Saturday 2 September 2023

Fugazi Colour Represses

AA couple of years ago Dischord pressed the first Fugazi 12" on red vinyl and then at the end of last year, 'Repeater' got rpessed on blue vinyl. It felt inevitable that there would be more colour Fugazi colour represses, but I didn't expect for four of them to come along at the same time. Given that I own a few Fugazi records already, which date back to the early 90s, I wasn't quite sure as to whether I would really end up buying them all again. But seeing the colour pressings, I felt that I couldn't pass them up. I think it helps that they are not pressed on crappy splatter colours, unlike most records these days.

First up is the 'Margin Walker' EP on clear green. Given that the previous two records were pressed on colours that nicely matched the artwork, green seems like a slightly straneg choice for this one.

Next is 'Steady Diet Of Nothing' on a silvery grey colour.

Then we have 'In On The Kill Taker' on clear.

And finally, 'Red Medicine' on an appropriate red vinyl.

So this is where Fugazi ends for me. I bought 'End Hits' when it came out in 1998, but I couldn't get into it, and sold it. I never bothered with 'The Argument'. I kinda felt that I lost interest in them as time rolled on, but these records here are all classics. And they look great together on coloured vinyl.

This of course means that I now own two copies of each of these records - the original black vinyl pressings, and these colour represses. Do I need two copies of each of these records? Probably not. But should I let these go, or potentially let the original black vinyl copies go? Not an easy decision. I'm sure that in time I will figure it out. But for now I'm stoked on these colour pressings.

3 comments:

Willem Termote said...

That's kind off a false dilemma Marcus. You should keep both pressings. Anyway, I think it sucks seeing Dischord Records jump onto the coloured vinyl train. Certainly when they back ordered the self-titled on the same red.

Miles said...

The irony is that End Hits was the first Fugazi album (and to the best of my knowledge first Dischord album) to be released on color, and, originally, in a gatefold jacket, which was really surprising at the time, Dischord was not known for this kind of presentation. You should give End Hits another chance, I feel like it falls somewhere between Red Medicines more out there style and Killtakers more intense sound.

nico said...

I am curious if you have the First Demo LP on blue vinyl?