Wednesday 20 September 2023

Speak Out

I've managed to pick up a few records from within the UK recently, which makes a nice change. There seem to have been a few things popping up lately, between discogs, eBay and some private sales. Some dude sold a bunch of Rev records, and one item I bought just for the hell of it was this copy of 'Speak Out' with white labels.

I haven't really ever tried to collect different black vinyl versions of any Rev releases, but seeing as I already had most of the different copies of 'Speak Out' then I figured that grabbing this would actually complete the collection, which is something that I rarely manage to achieve.

This particular copy is from the second 'edition', i.e. the 90s pressing which came in a regular (non gatefold) sleeve. Some of the copies from the 90s have blue labels, and some have white labels. I don't know which came first nor which is rarer. Nobody knows. It was never documented anywhere.

I haven't done this for a while, but I decided to get all my copies out for a photo. Heck, it was a rainy day and I didn't have much else to do. So here it is.

The first, second and third press copies are on the top row. The second row has the 90s pressings. And the bottom row is the 'final pressing' from 2001.

I decided to post this today as Rev put up the new, remastered version of the LP for order. It's taken me a few weeks to get around to taking this photo, but I think I managed to have a complete collection of this for up to a monyj before this latest repressing. Proving once again that I can never have a complete collection of anything,