Saturday 8 July 2023

'87 Demo

When I picked up the Turning Point / NO Escape 7" test press (as per my last post), I also took the opportunity to ask the seller if he had any other test presses that he may be intrested in letting go. He took a little time to check and then came back to me to tell me that he had one - a Gorilla Biscuits bootleg 7". Now, I wouldn't usually touch boots, but this one almost reaches semi official status in my mind. So I said I'd take it. I offered not much as it's a boot, but he was ok with that, and a deal was made.

This is a test press of the Gorilla Biscuits '87 Demo 7". I used to own one copy of it, but I part traded it away a year or two ago to someone who seemed pretty desperate to get hold of it.

The reason I consider this one 'semi official' is that the one copy that I did own came direct from Jordan at Rev many years ago. Plus also, at some point Rev sold a few of these from their vault. So I kinda figure that if it's good enough for Rev to sell, then it almost counts... even though it is definitely a bootleg.

I figured that any GB test press was worth grabbing if I had the chance, but now I feel that I kinda want just one copy of the regular copy of the record. Sadly it can't be sold on discogs due to its bootleg status, so not sure how easy it will be to find one these days. But if anyone out there can help, let me know.

No comments: