Sunday 23 July 2023

Meditavolutions

My next batch of posts are some Revelation Records test pressings that I picked up recently from an ex Rev employee (the same guy who I got the Equal Vision test pressings from that I posted earlier this month). Each of these test pressings are from the 95/96 era, as that was when this person worked there, and for the Rev fanatic like me this represents a great era of Rev releases.

So I'm kicking off with Rev 49, which is the 4th album by Iceburn, titled 'Meditavolutions'. This came in a plain white paper sleeve, but somehow I had a spare sleeve for this record on my shelf, which I have no idea where it came from nor how long I have had it. But now has a sleeve.

This was released in 1996, and is the first release by which the band went under the name 'The Iceburn Collective' rather than simply 'Iceburn'. When this originally came out I was distinctly unimpressed with it. It's a little more jazz influenced than their presvious records, and quite long (it goes on for over an hour). But these days I quite enjoy playing stuff like this on days when I am working from home. I kinda need things that are a little slower and gentler whilst knee deep in the spreadsheets.

The Rev pressing info states that there were only 4 test pressings made of this record, so I'm pretty stoked to have got this one. One lives in the Rev vault, one sits on my shelf, and there are 2 more out there somewhere. So good luck if you're looking for one (which I doubt many people are!).

No comments: