Friday 21 July 2023

Clobberer!

A couple of months ago I ended up buying a Rhythm Collision LP after hearing it on youtube some 30 years after it came out. The record was pretty cheap, looked nice, and sounded great. It's been a great find for me this year, and it made a nice change to find a 'new' band whose records are not too expensive. Well anyway, the person who sold it to me sent me a message asking if I was interested in any other Rhythm Collision Records. Well yes, of course I was!

'Clobberer!' was the band's 3rd LP and came out in 1995 on Dr. Strange Records on a couple of different colours of vinyl. This green marble colour that I got looks so rad in person. This is from an era when labels used proper pressing plants. This looks so much nicer in real life, but sadly he photo couldn't quite do it justice. It's a shame that I can't say the same about the cover.

I've been playing this one a fair bit the last couple of weeks. There are some super catchy songs on here. This kinda stuff is always great for summer weather... although I'm not sure there's too much of that left this year the way it's been here recently. Anyway, I also picked up another couple of Rhythm Collision records from the same person, and I'll whack them up here when I finally get around to listening to them. Hopefully before the summer is out.

No comments: