Sunday 16 July 2023

Ghosts In My Mirror

Back in 2016 I had some bad luck with a missing parcel. Inside was something like 98 records which ended up being lost forever. I moved on from it a long time ago, but now and again I am reminded about it because I manage to pick up another record that was in there. Today's post is another example.

I have always loved Swiz. I remember buying a gold vinyl copy of their first 7" from an ad in a copy of Maximum Rock N Roll zine simlpy because someone had told me how good Swiz were and how hard their records were to come by. So I just bought it blind, so to speak. But damnit, that person was right, and after that I went on a mission to track all of their records down. And then many years later I started trying to collect multiple copies of each.

I've owned a first pressing of their debut 12" release since about 1994. At the time I had no idea that there was more than one version out there, and then when I did find out that there were two pressings, I was stoked that I had a first press and not a second. But as the years rolled on, I realised that I also wanted a second press, because I actually think that the red cover looks better. Right?

1 comment:

Ralf said...

Judging by the prices on Discogs Swiz LPs are still a hard item to get…