Thursday 29 June 2023

Thursday

When I saw this record go for sale, I knew I wanted it. It was just a question of whether my offer would be good enough. Thankfully it was. I was kinda surprised as I thought that surely someone else would be willing to pay more. But if they were, then they didn't see this for sale, as it was only advertised on instagram.

This is a test press of the Turning Point / No Escape split 7". This particular copy was Tim Singer's personal copy (vocalist in No Escape) and he also included the original blueline proofs for the cover, which come as two separate pieces of paper.

I think I can safely say that this is one of the best split 7"s of all time. I mean, I'd be hard pressed to think of another. I think what helps this one is that these two songs are very much later Turning Point, which for me is their absolute best era. Still to this day I wish that there was a second LP in the style of songs on this record... although I guess the Godspeed 12" kinda has that covered.

No comments: