Friday 28 July 2023

She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not

Next in my series of Revelation test pressings that I picked up from an ex Rev employee is Rev 58, which is an absolute monster of a record. The debut release from Kiss It Goodbye, 'She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not' first surfaced in 1997, and certainly took me by surprise, because it was a new band with the singer from Deadguy... although when it came out, the Deadguy LP still felt relatively new, so I was slightly confused.

What I do remember about this record was being stoked that this band, which to me sounded like Deadguy due to the distinct vocals, was on Rev rather than Victory. It just felt like an indication that Rev was the number one label and had the power to grab the hot new bands before people even knew they existed.

According to the Rev pressing info, there are only 4 copies of this test press in existence, so I feel pretty lucky to have bagged this one. Sadly it didn't come with anything other than a white paper sleeve, so if by some coincidence anyone happens to have an empty sleeve laying about then get at me.

No comments: