Saturday 22 April 2023

Localism

So I had arranged a trade for the Pillsbury Hardcore 7" (in my last post) but when I opened the mailer after the trade went down I found that the other dude had thrown in an extra record. This wasn't random though. When we were working through the trade I identified a list of records that I wanted, and this was one. So it was really cool extra surprise.

Last year I picked up two different 'Nardcore compilation LPs ('Nardcore' and 'Nardcore For Life') and I became aware that there were a couple more out there it kinda became another collection to complete. This compilation is titled 'Localism... A Compilation LP Of Bands From The Oxnard, California Area' and was released by It's Alive Records back in 1996, which was a time when compilation records served more of a purpose than they do today. Looking at discogs, this was pressed on a few different colours, although the one I have ended up with isn't actually shown.

There are 17 different bands on here, but other than the three big names (Stalag 13, Ill Repute, No Motiv) I hadn't actually heard of any of these bands before. Oh yeah, and Strife, although I'm not really sure how they ended up on here given that they are definitely not from Oxnard.

As usual for It's Alive releases, this one comes with a lot of extras in the form of flyers and stickers, which I thought was a recent thing with the It's Alive represses from the last couple of years. I guess not.

There's still one more Nardcore comp LP that I know that I don't have, so you know how it goes. I'm gonna have to go after one now.

1 comment:

Paolo said...

Fred repressed this a few years ago with a completely different cover, clear vinyl, 100 numbered, with the usual ton of extras inside, check It out because It looks way better than this version