Tuesday 18 April 2023

Careening

One of the best releases of last year was the debut LP by Hammered Hulls. 'Careening' came out at the end of October 2022, and was initially received on black vinyl only. I really loved their 7" that came out back in 2019 and had been expecting a full length for the last couple of years. I'm surprised that it took as long as it did to come out. Anyway, when this album was released I told Nico that I was going to wait for the second press on coloured vinyl to come out before I bought a copy. And here we are.

The second pressing is on blue vinyl, which I think is a pretty good choice as it goes well with the cover. I guess a lot of other people think the same, because Dischord is now sold out of this one.

Another thing that I like about this one is that it comes with a small booklet with the lyrics inside. I think it's cool that they made a booklet in 2023, rather than the usual single sheet. It has more of a 90s DIY feel about it which, being an old fart, I love.

If you haven't checked this out then I'd recommend changing that situation ASAP. This is a really great record. I've been playing it pretty regularly for the last 3 months and I'm nowhere near to getting tired of it. If I'd have bought it last year then it would definitely have made it into my list of best releases of the year, without a doubt.

No comments: