Friday 21 April 2023

In A Straight Edge Limbo

This one has taken me ages to get around to posting because I struggled to get a half decent photo. It happens sometimes. I put time aside for photos and then after they are taken and I review them on the computer, they don't quite cut it. I waited until I had a day with good light (which took way too long), so this post is happening months after I picked up this record in a trade that took place in Philadelphia airport. I had arranged the trade in advance and it was one of those moments that I will probably never forgot, because within 5 miuntes of getting off the plane I was hanging out with a fellow hardcore enthusiast, swapping records and chatting about Rocky filming locations and their varying degrees of sketchiness.

I picked up the Pillsbury Hardcore reissue LP last year, and after spending some time with it I kinda wanted the 7"s. So when an opportunity came along to get this in a trade, I was pretty excited.

The 'In A Straight Edge Limbo EP' was released in 1985. This orange vinyl version is a second press copy (first press were all black), but it looks great, and this copy has all of the inserts. For a record that is getting on for 40 years old, this is in pretty damn good shape.

There's also a green vinyl version of this one out there, and I kinda want one now. Funny how that happens isn't it? I figured I'd be happy with one and then when I have one I suddenly want a second one. What the hell is wrong with me?

No comments: