Tuesday 11 April 2023

Involution

I've spent a little time the past couple of weekends tidying up my record room. I had a year and half's new records in various places and had wanted to find some time to file them away in the correct place in the collection. In doing so I found a couple of records that I didn't really know I had. Or rather, I had but didn't plan on keeping. This is one - a black vinyl copy of the Soul Control 'Involution' LP.

My friend Kyle sent me some copies of a 7" of his old band a couple of years ago, and also threw in a couple of other bits and bobs. One of the extras was this black vinyl Soul Control LP. I added it to a pile of things to sell as I had no interest in a black vinyl copy of a record that I already owned on colour vinyl.

Well, last week I was tidying up and decided to list this for sale... at which point I realised for the first time since it entered my house that this is actually the rarest version of this record. There were 100 copies on black which were sold as record release copies back in September 2007. So based on this 'new' information, I decided to keep this one and sell the orange & yellow swirl vinyl copy that I had in my collection since I bought it from the band on their 2008 european tour. I don't feel that I need two copies of this LP, and if I'm going to get rid of one then a second press swirl copy would be the one that I would be happy to send out into the void. If anyone happens to want it then get in touch.

3 comments:

Nico said...

I really dug this album when it was released. I don't think I listened to this after 2010. Kind of curious to see if it stood the test of time.

Mike said...

I listened to this record a lot the past couple of years. Still holds up for me.

Willem Termote said...

I immediately associated the photo of this black copy with the rarest colour when I saw your feed. Funny how that information is stuck in my head for a decade already...