Sunday 6 November 2022

Nardcore

A couple of months ago I posted about a compilation called 'Nardcore For Life' that INdecision Records released, and I ended the post with the words - it has totally made me want to check out more of these Nardcore comps. I'm sure there are a few of them about. Feels like this could be another new collection that I try to complete. Not long after I made that post I spotted a very cheap copy of a different Nardcore comp in a UK distro, and I couldn't pass it up.

This compilation is called 'Nardcore' and was originally released waaaaay back in 1984 by Mystic Records. This copy is a recent represss put out by It's Alive Records. As with all of the records that It's Alive has put out over the past couple of years, this one came in a plastic sleeve sealed with a sticker.

I stupidly sliced through the sticker (after which I realsed that there was a simpler way to open it) so that I could get to the record inside. This version is pressed on blue vinyl, which is out of 500 copies.

Unsurprisingly, with this having been released in 1984, the bands on it are all (in 2022) pretty old bands. Ill Repute, R.K.L.,Stalag 13, Agression, Dr. Know and more. All classic nardcore bands. And as ever, It'a Alive Records have gone way overboard with extras. Posters, stickers, flyers... so much stuff that I cannot even begin to fathom how much it must have cost.

I'm not as into this one as I was the more modern Nardcore comp, but this is still a great record and makes me want to check out more by these older Oxnard bands.

No comments: