Thursday 24 November 2022

Postcard CV

At the start of the year I was up to my neck in pop punk that I used to listen to in the early 90s, and finally got into a band called Senseless Things that my friends used to listen to circa 1991-3 ish. I was never interested, but this year gave one of their records a chance and really liked it. At the end of that post I wrote this:

I've also been listening to their other releases online as a result of being into this one, so I may have to try to track those down at some point.

Last week I drove an hour to meet an old friend for lunch, and then ended up at his place looking through his old records, and then ended up being given a small pile. One of them was the first Senseless Things album, 'Postcard CV'.

This was originally released by a label called Way Cool Records back in 1989. I'm not sure exactly when my friends picked up on this band, but I would guess 1990 or possibly 1991. Either way, this is now old stuff, and it took me 30 years to realise that they were actually onto something good back then after all.

I'm stoked to have been given this by my friend as he was THE biggest Senseless Things fan back then. It means a lot to me to be able to now call his copy a part of my collection. What I need now is the third LP, although interestingly none of my friends seem to have had that one. I think they bailed on the band at that point. So I may have to go out and buy my own copy rather than just get given one out of someone's collection.

No comments: