Tuesday 29 November 2022

Boycott Pink

Everyone knows that pink is the best colour of vinyl, right? And not just pink, but especially solid pink. I mean, clear pink is kinda meh (like most clear colours, other than clear) but a solid pink is unbeatable. So on that basis I figured I would pick up the latest repress of Government Issue 'Boycott Stabb Complete Session' LP. Dischord have been cranking out some colour vinyl represses of late, and some of them have proved too tempting to resist. And even thought I have never really been a Government Issue fan, I figured I would give the band another go... mainly because of the pink vinyl.

The original 'Boycott Stabb' EP contains 11 songs, but this version contains 20. Side A plays the original 'Boycott Stabb' songs and Side B features the previously unreleased session outtakes.

I once owned a Government Issue 7" many years ago that I wasn't overly impressed with and consequently sold. I'm not sure that this record is doing much to help me appreicate them either. As expected from a record that originally came out in 1983, this sounds pretty basic and raw. Maybe this is a little too punk for me in 2022, or maybe I just need to spend a little more time with it.

1 comment:

Nico said...

I truly can say I love this record.