Wednesday 2 November 2022

Concrete Altar

Another Rev release from last year that I haven't really spent much time with until recently is the 'Concrete Jungle' 7" by Urban Sprawl. The band are based in San Francisco and one of the members also plays in Tørsö. This 7" came out at the same time as the second Tørsö 7" on Rev in early 2021.

I'm not really a big fan of the front cover art. I guess I'm too narrow minded, but it doesn't really look like the cover of a hardcore record to me. One thing that is kinda cool though is that it's printed on metallic gold card. It looks kinda fancy when you see the back:

Of course, with this being a Rev release, I was duty bound to buy all available copies. of which there were three. As far as modern vinyl colours go, these ones don't look too bad.

Shown in the pictures are all three of the first press copies - Green vinyl (305), orange vinyl (305), and red vinyl (205) which was exclusive to indie stores. As at today, the orange vinyl is still available at RevHQ, which probably means that a second press isn't likely to surface for a while if nothing else.

I've struggled to make my mind up on this one. Generally I have felt pretty unexcited by it. But when I played it just before putting this post together, I knew all of the songs and it felt familiar and sounded pretty damn good. Overall I think it's a pretty good hardcore EP but let down by the cover that makes me want to just flip on past it.

No comments: