Tuesday 15 November 2022

25 To Get Ready

Collecting is a weird game soetimes. You get it in your head that you collect a certain band and you then convince yourself that you have to buy everything that comes out to keep your collection 'complete'... even if you feel it's not overly necessary to buy it. And that's what happened here. Dr. Strange Records reissued the second Gameface LP 'Three To Get Ready' to mark its 25th anniversary (it was originally released in 1995 according to Discogs... although I could have sworn it was 1996). Anyway, I already have about 5 different copies of this record already, and figured I didn't really need a reissue. But then that other part of my brain kicked in, telling me I needed ot keep my Gameface collection as complete as possible. So I bought both colour copies.

Limited to 100 copies, the 'tri colour' version looks alright I think... even though I generally don't like records that look like this. The second colour is a very dark green and is also limited to only 100.

I also picked up a test press to keep my Gameface test press collection as complete as possible. It was a very fair price.

Inside each of the LPs came one of these flyers inside. I thought it was an interesting photo and worthy of posting. Hopefully you agree.

No comments: