Monday 21 November 2022

Hogan's Heroes

It's interesting how time changes things. Somewhere around 28 or 29 years ago a friend of mine bought an LP by a band called Hogan's Heroes in a used record shop. I don't think I ever got to hear it, but what I do remember is that a few weeks later he took it back and traded it in for something else, telling me 'it was shit'. So that was the basis of my opinion on Hogan's Heroes for the best part of three decades.

I was in a used record shop a couple of months ago and I came across the 2nd Hogan's Heroes LP at a very cheap price on colour vinyl, so I figured I would rescue it from the store. You know how it is sometimes, you just fancy buying something.

Hogan's Heroes were a band back from the early 80s to the early 90s and were from New Jersey. That's pretty much all I know about them. I kinda realised that I never ever seen anyone post ay pictures of their records, nor do I ever remember anyone I know ever mention them in any capacity. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that they were never really that popular. For what it's worth, I think this record is alright. It's not great, but it's also not bad. I'd definitely pick up another of their LPs if I saw it... well, as long as it was pretty cheap.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I remember hearing the Hogans Heroes name back in the early 90's, but I don't think that I ever heard them either...

Screaming For Records said...

I used to have a copy of the Uncle Ben 7” which I don’t appear to have anymore. I can’t for the life of me even remember what this band sounds like but I’m intrigued to find out again now.