Monday 7 November 2022

Skullcrack

As I have probably mentioned a couple of times in the last few months, I spent a few days in California earlier this year. On my second day I ended up taking a trip to Erika Records (a pressing plant) to collect some records with Dave from Indecision Records. I had no idea what was going on, but when we got back and I helped unload the car I realised that we had picked up the new LP from Skullcrack. At that point I had never heard them before, but having just help unload a few hundred of their LPs, I figured I should check them out. They play a style of fast metalic hardcore that is often refered to as thrash or crossover, and I think that both their name and the artwork on their records gives a big clue as to what they deliver.

Well, needless to say that I quickly decided to pick up all of the three Skullcrack records that Indecision have put out to date.

Shown in the order they were released we have the debut full length 'Turn To Dust' on purple vinyl (200 copies, released in 2019), the 'Bring Back The Guillotine' four song 12" EP (200 copies made in total) and finally the second LP 'Addicted To The Underground' on blue (100 copies, released this year).

One thing that has been puzzling me is why this band isn't more popular. The style they play I can imagine would appeal to a lot of people, and I think that they have a good name and great artwork (which is clearly giving more than a nod to Pushead). All of the elements are there, but so far it seems that they haven't really got out there too much. But this is some good stuff right here that I can imagine a lot of people would like if they heard it. For now though I'm just happy that they haven't blown up else I wouldn't have been able to buy their records so easily... which makes a nice change in 2022.

No comments: