Thursday 13 October 2022

What Can I Say?

There are some records that I can't help buying again and again. Dag Nasty's 'Can I Say' LP is one of them. This was the first Dag record I bought and heard and remains my favourite of all of their records. So when Dischord repressed it on a clear green vinyl in a green coloured sleeve, it was inevitable that I would send some money their way.

The slightly annoying thing about this copy is that it came with some sticker on the shrinkwrap that is not from the label that won't come off. I started trying to peel it off and it started to rip. So the choice seems to be to leave it in place or to remove the shrinkwrap... neither of which seem particularly appealing.

Dag Nasty is one of those bands that I have been slowly picking up their records since forever, to the point where I have quite a few now. I never really set out to collect their records, but in time I have amassed a fairly decent haul. Quite how many times I will continue to buy the same records over and over I am unsure of, but one thing is certain... this really needs to be pressed on purple at some point.

3 comments:

Nico said...

Excellent purchase!

Ralf said...

Purple would be dope.

Mike said...

Time to buy some plastic sleeves yo!