Wednesday 12 October 2022

Rev LP Catch Up

Hot on the heels of the last post (a bunch of Rev 7"s that I didn't have anything to say about), I decided to similarly bundle together a bunch of Rev color LPs that I picked up this year. Some of them were represses that came out in 2021, and others are slightly older ones that I had missed out on. I found myself at RevHQ earlier this year and had the opportunity to pick up some records for a cheap price, and in that environment and with that opportunity I felt that I wanted to fill some holes. So here goes...

Show above are:
Beyond 'No Longer At Ease' - grey vinyl (2016 press) & green vinyl (2021 press)
Beyond 'Dew It! / Live at WNYU' - blue vinyl (2015 press)
Civ 'Set Your Goals' - red vinyl (2018 press)
Damnation A.D. 'Kingdom Of Lost Souls' - blue vinyl (2015 press)
Down To Nothing 'Unbreakable' - blue vinyl (2015 press)
Judge 'Bringin It Down' - clear green vinyl (2021 press)
Primal Rite 'Dirge Of Escapism' - red vinyl
Rival Mob 'Mob Justice LP' - picture disc (2021 press)

And no, that's not all of them. I had to break these into two photos just because it seemed easier to manage that way. So here are some more:

In this photo we have:
Sensefield 'S/T' - orange vinyl (2016 press)
Sensefield 'Killed For Less' - blue vinyl (2016 press)
Sensefield 'Building' - green vinyl (2016 press)
Shades Apart 'Save It' - orange vinyl (2016 press)
Shades Apart 'Save It' - blue vinyl (2016 press)
Shai Hulud 'That Within Blood Ill-Tempered' - gold vinyl (2016 press)
Shai Hulud 'A Profound Hatred Of Man' - purple vinyl (2015 press)
V/A 'Generations' - grey vinyl (2016 press)
V/A 'NYCHC The Way It Is' - red vinyl (2022 press)

A few of these were from 2015 & 2016, which was a time when I had decided to stop buying the Rev represses. But in time I got back to a point where I just feel that I want them. I'm now firmly back at a point where I want to try to build as complete a Revelation colour vinyl collection as possible. Besides, all of these are on acceptable looking vinyl colours, and not those damn splattery swirly euro vinyl colours.

There are still a few that I am missing that are now sold out and don't seem to come up for sale. A few years ago it felt like most Rev represses were pretty much worhtless, but that's definitely not the case now. Some of them just don't seem to sell at all, or they get listed at stupid discogs prices. So sadly the rest of the holes aren't likely to be filled for quite some time.

PS I still need more comments on my last post. If you're reading this and didn't have a guess then get to it!

No comments: