Monday 17 October 2022

Bombs Overhead

I've posted a lot this year so far, partly due to having a lot of time on my hands, and partly due to picking up more new records than any other year in my life (probably). But it does feel to me that the majority of my posts have either been releases from either Indecision Records or Revelation (nothing new there). So here's another one for the series...

Until I picked up the record at Indecision HQ, I had never heard of Tap And Die before. Quite how I managed to miss them I'm not sure, because if I had read a brief description of it then I would have ordered it right away. The band has Steven Andrew Miller on guitar (from Unbroken, Kill Holiday etc.) and Oscar Paz on vocals, who was in a band in the 90s that I used to love called Impel. That was enough information for me to figure it must be worth owning and buy it.

The band released an album called 'Bombs Overhead' in 2019. I'm not sure how much attention it got, but I hadn't heard of it until this year, so I am assuming not too much. There were 500 copies pressed, all on clear red vinyl.

The band also has someone from Heroin in it and someone from Narrows & Godcollider (another Indecision band). In my opinion, Tap And Die sounds nothing like any of the other bands that I have mentioned in this post to date. If I had to try to describe their sound (which I don't), I would say that musically they mix Swiz with Black Flag... and that really is about the best I can do. But damn, this record is a real ripper, and definitely one of the highlights of the Indecision catalogue that I discovered this year.

No comments: