Saturday 1 October 2022

A Force United

Locked Inside is a straight edge hardcore band from New York City. I'm not exactly up to date on these things, but it doesn't feel that there are too many of those about these days. They got my attention last year when I decided to buy their debut 7" release, 'Your Thoughts. Your Own' which was released by Not Like You Records. I thought it was a good little straight edge hardcore EP and, as seems customary for a sxe 7", there were several different vinyl colours available to collect. Sadly I missed out on all of them due to being late to the party and only managed to grab a black vinyl copy. But then all of a sudden a third pressing appeared on the scene, and I went all in, figuring that if I didn't then they would sell out and the only option would be to pay 3 times as much on the second hand markets.

The new pressing was apparently remastered, so a new test press was required. It says 'second edition' on the front cover, and it is numbered out of 20 copies on the reverse.

The 'common' version of the new pressing is on white vinyl. Apparently there were 287 copies of this version.

Oh yeah, and there were also 15 copies on 'pink' vinyl. I say pink, but these are clearly some impure white copies that came back from the plant. A true 'variant' of the white. These were numbered on the back cover, which I think is a nice touch.

I also then managed to find a store selling a green vinyl copy for new release price which was too tempting to say no to. Green was the second pressing out of 105 copies.

This is a pretty good little EP, and I feel myself wanting to collect more colours but as is the case with modern record collecting, the only copies for sale are the ones that are priced stupidly high. Hopefully more copies will surface at some point before the band releases something else and blows up, which I think is potentially on the agenda.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Great post... mainly because, like you, I want to buy more copies of this 7 inch. Also, I have number 9 of the pink press and you have number 10, so I feel like we are soul mates.