Sunday 2 October 2022

7 Minutes of Paradise

When I heard that there was a band called Speedway that had a record coming out on Revelation I wasn't overly excited. The band are from Sweden and had a 7" out on Triple B Records that had some weird cover art, which obviously I hadn't heard. I didn't bother listening to the band at all, but knew that I would end up buying whatever came out on Rev just because it was on Rev.

So anyway, 'Paradise' came out a couple of months ago as a 3 song 7", which clocks in at around 7 minutes in total. It has very similar artwork to the other 7" that came out on Triple B.

What has proven interesting about this record for me is that I was pretty much indifferent to its existence, and on the first couple of plays I found it kinda bland. But due to the shortness I kept playing it when I had a few minutes to fill, and after a while it really got its teeth into me, to the point where I'm thinking that this could be one of the best records of the year. I'm not sure I could give this record of the year for three songs that are a little over two minutes each, but damnit, this has a lot going on in not much time, and I can't stop playing it.

Unsurprisingly for a Rev releases, I ended up buying all three different colours. The colours themselves look good, but the records all look weird to me because they have those stupid small labels. The orange one in this photo looks kinda fat, a bit like a donut, don't ya think?

1 comment:

Mike said...

A surprisingly great 7 inch, and those three colors look fantastic together!