Sunday 30 October 2022

Owe You Nothing

I really enjoyed the debut 7" release by The Dividing Line a couple of years ago. It was a band I had never heard before, and I bought it because it was a straight edge band on New Age. In a few ways it reminded me of Floorpunch. So when the band's full length went up for order, I was all over it. I think this was last year, although for various reasons I only got it this year and I put off posting about it because I wanted to give it another chance.

This thing was pressed on 4 different colours of vinyl. I decided that I would be more than happy with one copy, and picked up the 77 pressing. The claer red vinyl looks ok, but the label is weirdly small. I'm not sure why the label came out so small, but it seems that whatever the problem was, they still haven't realised or figured out a way to fix it.

As much as I enjoyed the 7", this record fell a little flat for me. I don't really know why, but it just didn't quite deliver. I've tried a few times, and I will try again. AFter all, life is all about expectation. Whenever you expect something to be great, it rarely is.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Definitely doesn't match how good that 7 inch is, but I find this to still be a great hardcore record.