Wednesday 19 October 2022

Daylight Savings Time

I was never really a huge Turning Point fan. By far my favourite of their releases was the split 7" they did with No Escape, by which time I'm pretty sure that they had ditched the X. But musically, later Turning Point is where my interest lies. So naturally I absolutely love the Godspeed 'Swimmer's Ear' EP, which was a post Turnnig Point band from 1993. The Godspeed EP is one of those records that people either love, or they have never heard. Nobody who has listened to it dislikes it, and if such a person exists I have never met them. Anyway, I last posted about this record back in 2015 when I managed to score an original test press, which I was very happy about at the time. Fast forward a few years and I have also managed to obtain a test press of the repress, which came out to little fanfare in 2017.

It seems pretty rare for tests to come on colour vinyl, but it always makes a nice change when one does. Other than the red vinyl though, there is nothing else with this. No cover or insert or anything.

I got the red vinyl repress out to compare colours, but it turns out that the test is exactly the same colour. Not surprising in a way, but still worth checking.

Interestingly, it turns out that there are two tests for this repress, an approved and a rejected. This one here is the approved version, but te rejected one also comes on red vinyl. Here's to hoping that I can find one of those too at some point.