Thursday 4 August 2022

Focus

A good few years ago I used to be happy with one copy of each record. At some point that changed and then all hell broke loose with me trying to collect every version of every rec=rd. And now I've moved on to a new game whereby I'm happy to try to collect multiple copies of the same version of some records. I mainly grabbed these two blue vinyl copies of the Soul Control / I Rise split 7" because they were super cheap. I already own one copy, but this pressing is really cool looking because the labels were all hand drawn, so I figured it would be cool to pickup a couple of extras. I know that all the labels were different and unique, so I figured it would be fun to grab some extras to try to find the most interesting labels.

The first copy is cool and takes a pretty simple approach, with the band names on each side.

The second copy is a bit more artistic. One side has a pumpkin face, whereas the other is some kind of weird space scene with a bunch of stars and something that kinda looks like a big piece of fruit.

So I was really stoked to get these for like $3 each, especially in the current climate. But as seems to frequently be the case lately, there was something still not quite right. These were numbered on the inner sleeve out of 100 copies. The copy I got years ago is numbered, and one of these two is also numbered. But one of them is not numbered. The non numbered one also has a slightly different paper sleeve. So I can only assume that someone swapped out the numbered sleeve at some point. It may have been damaged, or they might have just picked up the wrong sleeve by mistake, but whatever happened it means that one of these is incomplete, and no doubt it will bug me forever more.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Oh shit. Now I want more than the one copy that I have for this. Thanks.