Sunday 14 August 2022

Apocalypse Tribe

I'm still working my way through all of the records I picked up from Indecision HQ when I visited a couple of months ago. I've had so much new music this year that it's been a bit of a struggle to find the time to play it all, despite having a lot of free time this year. Anyway, this week I finally got around to playing a record by a band called Apocalypse Tribe. I picked up over 30 Indecision releases, a large number of which I had not heard nor heard of. I came across this record and asked 'What's this?

and Dave told me it was a band that had Karl from Earth Crisis in it. That information was enough for me to decide that I'd buy a copy.

The record is titled 'Ai Mageddon' and was actually released back at the end of 2019. There were 500 copies pressed, all on grey vinyl.

After several spins I still can't decide how much I like this. There are 13 songs and it comes in at 25 minutes. The songs are quite fast and quite short, and not really like Earth Crisis at all. Some of the songs are great, and generally throughout this the guitar sounds great. But there are a couple of songs that I'm not so into, although I can't really put my finger on why. I think overall it's a good record, but there's something slightly missing for me that prevents it from being a great record. But I like the concept, the art and so I'd still check out another record should they ever put one out.

No comments: